Sunday, March 22, 2009

Future files: Cookie dough cupcakes

Not everything I see and drool over can I make Right This Minute. Not only do I not have the time and energy for that, I also don't have the metabolism! So I dreamt up a new category for this here blog o' mine and decided to call it "Future Files." In all my little scourings of the web I see countless little nuggets to taste and try over time... this will be my method of filing them away to try later. I swear I will try them later, and then post again, my version.

This one just jumped out at me this last week from Serious Eats. I have always been a sucker for cookie dough (ask my mother who used to threaten to make me eat a whole batch. I just prayed she'd follow through on that!), and though I don't go in so much for the cookie dough ice cream that was all the rage a few years back (and probably still is), I AM a self-professed cupcake nut, so this combo looks just too good to pass up. I ran it by the young taste-tester this morning and he gave it the big thumbs up, so it will definitely come out of the "future" and into the present, soon!


This version is from a "mix" recipe, which I'm not generally a big fan or proponent of. So when I do make these, it will be a from-scratch scenario. Yum. I think I need to go find some lunch...

3 comments:

  1. i think if i ate one of these i might abandon all other pursuits in life

    ReplyDelete
  2. I completely agree about the cookie dough ice cream--sooo not my thing. But cookie dough? YUM!

    Sometimes when people combine foods it's just kinda weird and makes you ask why (turducken comes to mind...) but this one is heaven and heaven and makes, like, a MEGA-heaven delight! I'm eager to hear how they turn out if/when you make them!

    ReplyDelete

 
Blogger Template By Designer Blogs