Friday, July 10, 2009

Friday night grateful moment


I'm getting a jump start on this week... we're headed out to Joseph and I think I'll leave my computer behind. How radical of me! No computer for 24 hours? Rather frightful. I think I'll make it. However, knowing my attachment to this little ritual, I thought I'd hit the publish button before we go.

This week has been quite lovely. Truly what summer is about... except, no pool time. Regardless, much to be thankful for.

*I'm thankful for cooler weather. Makes catching up on watering that much easier... and I've even bought some more plants and will hopefully get them in the ground before we're at 100 degrees again.

*Especially thankful that Ruby had a 24-hour period of chew chew chew and now has eased off on her irrigation destruction.

*Thankful for a good week with Seth, with some relaxation, some chores, a major amount of "So You Think You Can Dance" catching up. We are all caught up, except for this week, and so so ready for our Top 10 dancers. And ready for them to announce their tour dates. I know, dance nerds. That's us.

*Thankful for health and the ability to pursue fitness. When I think of all the challenges and barriers to health and fitness that I could have, I am very thankful to be able to hop on the treadmill and just go. I don't want to lose that ability. I may not have the desire every day, but I do still have the ability.




*Thankful for the inspiration I find through the creative outlets of others. From the blogs I wander through, to the beautiful plants in my mom's garden and the placed-just-so rocks in my dad's rock walls, to the stack of books by my bed, to the songs on my ipod, I so appreciate all the many things that bring me joy.

*Grateful for a good cry, and a good reminder of how fleeting life is... and to not delay your dreams in hopes of the "someday." We went and saw "Up" as a family this week. I had been warned that tears could happen, but I was a bit unprepared for how sad it was to me that the sweet little couple couldn't have babies, and then how quickly their lives flew by, and then she passes away. More than a few sniffles from me, tis true.



*So thankful for family and friends. That means you!

2 comments:

  1. What a lovely garden of tranquility!

    I've noticed that you play a few other memes in the blogosphere. I really enjoy your answers! I'd like to invite you to play The Queen's Meme every Tuesday with Mimi Queen of Memes.
    The fun begins next week on July 14, 2009. I will send another reminder to everyone on Monday.
    The Queen's Meme

    I hope you will join us!
    Mimi Lenox

    ReplyDelete
  2. We saw UP with our kids and they loved it. It's a great family movie.

    ReplyDelete

 
Blogger Template By Designer Blogs