Tuesday, July 14, 2009

Future files: Peach cakes

My dear friend Margie sent me this link to a wonderful foodie blog, Big Red Kitchen, a couple of weeks ago and I have been salivating ever since! Seriously. If you knew me as a toddler, you wouldn't doubt that to be possible.

Take a look at these sweet cakes... don't they look like the real deal, sorta crusted in sugar? Yum.



I will be making these lovely wonders... one of these days!

So let's see... so far the future files contain chocolate chip cookie dough cupcakes (not yet made), lemon meringue cupcakes (check, pretty good), sweetened condensed milk as coffee sweetener (check, no need to pursue further), and that scrum-deli-icious rainbow cake (not yet made). Is there anything I want to make that's NOT sweet? Ponder.

Actually, tomorrow I'm off to experiment with two things: that zucchini "pasta" concept with peanut sauce and a homemade V8 (husband's request). I'll let you know how it goes.
But it's a toss up between the rainbow cake and the peach cupcakes, which one gets made first... until I see some new, drool-worthy sweet thang tomorrow....

1 comment:

  1. Sher, You're a peach!
    Happy the cakes have made the futures list.

    Do let me know how the V8 challenge turns out!

    ReplyDelete

 
Blogger Template By Designer Blogs