Friday, January 3, 2014

Friday night grateful moment

I'm still rather undecided what to do with this space on Friday nights, whether to continue as is or adjust or stop altogether. Sometimes a reboot is the best way to get at the best new view on things, but nothing has miraculously revealed itself to me as The Next Big Thing for Gratitude, so here I am.

For tonight, I offer this:


The whole time we were gone, it was foggy and cold in Walla Walla, but today the skies opened up and look at the color that greeted us in our driveway! I was so happy to see sunshine and endless blue as we came up out of the Gorge and went into the stretch across the barren flatlands between the river and home. 

Ah, home. Grateful for that too. Love our cozy space, and the fact that the tree is still up (though I'm not thrilled at the prospect of undoing Christmas... that will have to wait a few days) and the Christmas presents are ready for actual use! When you leave the day after the holiday, it's like Christmas all over again upon return.

I'm grateful for the time we had away. It was difficult to truly unwind from the year-end stuff at work and holiday festivities, but by the end of the week I think we were both there... one more week would have really sealed the deal! I need to do better at just walking away; it will be there when we get back (just like Christmas presents!)... something to work on in the coming year.

Wherever you are, I hope your grateful list is long and your heart is full of possibility in the new year!

Peace.


2 comments:

  1. You don't have to change anything for me… I love reading your Grateful list you do every Friday evening. I look forward to it. The fact that you have done it consistently of so long is an inspiration to us all.

    So keep on keeping on… how ever you see best.

    ReplyDelete

 
Blogger Template By Designer Blogs